Thursday, November 1, 2007

WE ARE HERE...IN FLORIDA!

We just arrived here in Jacksonville about an hour ago. It is humid. A big change from leaving Illinois this morning around 6 am. We are a bit exhausted. We went to bed last night around 11:15 pm and we were up by 3:00 am! Thanks to Denny for driving us to the airport by 4:30 am. The flights were on time and went well. I thanked the pilots both times. We trust them alot!

We were standing in line to board the plane in Atlanta and I said to Dana, "I think she is going to the conference. I think her little girl is a 1p36'er." I asked her and she said "yes." It's funny how many of our kids look alike. They just have "the face." We were told so many times on and off the plane how cute she was and what an angel. She has the look of a little doll. Anyway, that little girl we met was named Amaya and is 4 1/2 years old. She is walking pretty good, but still occasionally looses balance and likes a hand. She is adorable with a very long pony tail. She is tiny at only 24 pounds. So cute....she doesn't speak, but signs. Her grandma is actually the one here with her right now.

Alayna slept most of both plane rides. Glad she could! Right now Dana is feeding her in the room and I'm taking advantage of this free computer in the cafe. Actually, they have about 5 of them, so I'll try to post updates when I get a chance. Remember, I said I'd try!!! There are a few of us planning to meet down here in the lobby at 3pm. The reason we are here is to meet people! I love talking to other parents and hearing what their issues have been and how they've confronted things.

Another interesting thing that was on the Yahoo message board was that a little boy with 1p36 had elevated 2nd toes. There were so many responses to this post. Many of the kids have different toes and elevated 2nd toes. I can tell you that Alayna's toes are unique and I'll check out her 2nd toes to let you know! Just another similarity.

May the learning experience begin and may we give thanks for finding such a great support group. I am so thankful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the conference talking with everyone and learning about children with 1p36. I'm so anxious to hear from you again...I know you were excited to finally meet some of the yahoo support group members and their families (even one at the airport). Tell Whitney and her family "hello" from me...I read her blog all of the time and I feel like I know her myself - what a cutie pie! Give Alayna hugs and kisses from her Auntie! I wish I went with you guys - I could've with me being off this week - why didn't I think of that??

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at your conference. I attended a DS conference when Nate was about 11 months old and was amazed at everything I learned and how wonderful I felt afterwards. Good for you for being so diligent in educating yourselves. We will be anxiously awaiting all of your new information.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your trip went smooth and all flights were on time. Hopefully Hurricane Noel isn't causing too much of a weather disturbance for you guys. We can't wait to hear about the conference and support group. Have a great time and give Alayna hugs and kisses from Grandma and Grandpa.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your flights went well and your trip was a safe one! We will be thinking of you often while you are attending your conference. We will be anxious to hear about your experience. Have a great time and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Hi mommy,Alayna,and daddy!How is it going there?I wish I could be there with you!Tell Whitney and her family hello for me.Also tell Alayna to give me big hugs and kisses when she gets home!I'm writing in my notebook so when you get home you can read in it of what I did.I also want you to say hello to the other families I don't know.Anyways I love you all.