Pretty in Pink! Headed to the Fuhr Fall Party!
Modeling her new outfit from the Gap! So cute!
Getting hugs and kisses from my big brother Drake!Happy 9 month birthday to Alayna! On the 29th of each month, I think about that day she came into the world. How special and miraculous it was. However, at the same time it makes the hair on my head stand straight up. It was nerve-racking and unknown and I don't ever want to feel that way again. It was stressful, emotional, and scary. She is staying so healthy and I hope that continues. I often think about the NICU nurses who took good care of Alayna during our 5 day stay and I thank the Lord for them. Megan and Marilyn were the two nurses with such compassion and love for their job and the babies. Many times I stayed up talking with Megan just to pass the time for both of us. It was in the late evening to early morning hours. I got to know about her and her 5 children. Trinity was a great place for Alayna and me.
Alayna is cutting more teeth! Last Monday, her top left tooth broke through and now the right one is coming in too. She's been a trooper, but that definitely explains why she was waking up about 2 weeks ago in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. I don't want to jinx myself, but she hasn't woke up in the middle of the night since then. I usually have to wake her up around 7:15 am just to get her diaper changed and off to Lori's! As you can see from the photos, she is in love with her pacifier and we clip it to her all of the time. If it isn't in her mouth, her left fist is. She still prefers her left hand instead of her right. I hope she finds that one soon though! :)
Alayna is going to be a cute little yellow duckie for Halloween. We plan to trick-or-treat on Wednesday night. Since we leave for Florida at 6:00 am on Thursday, I'll have to wait to post some photos of all the kids! Again, we are so excited about this trip. 29 families are now coming and we got the agenda emailed to us the other day. It looks fantastic with Dr. Shaffer being the keynote speaker on Friday evening and Saturday morning. Remember, she is the one really pushing the research on 1p36 deletion. There will be other doctors speaking as well and we'll get the chance to hear quite a few personal testimonies from other parents. I can't wait to fill all of you in on it. We plan to take lots of pictures of Alayna's new little friends and we will videotape what we can. They do plan on getting it professionally videotaped, so we'll buy one when they come out.
When we return, we have a very busy month of doctor appointments. Alayna begins on November 7th with her 9 month check-up and vaccinations. Then on November 8th, she goes to get her casting for her cranial helmet. On November 14th we go to Peoria to try another ABR (praying she doesn't have an ear infection before that). On November 21st, we go to see the ENT in Iowa City about tubes and then back to the CTC that afternoon for her 10 month evaluation. WOW! And that doesn't include any "sick" visits. Let's hope there aren't any. You know that is wishful thinking! No wonder I had to get my hair colored the other day...the gray just keeps coming out more and more.
Have a Happy Halloween. Alayna sends special birthday wishes to cousin Amy in Kansas City who turns 30 on Halloween! Until we return from Florida, I'm signing off!



5 comments:
Our Sweet Alayna -- She's beautiful inside and out. Our thoughts and prayers will be with her, Mom and Dad as they travel to Jacksonville. Grandpa Richard and I are looking forward to our time with Lexi, Drake and Freshie. Drake has chicken and noodles ordered for Thursday night. I'll be sure they have plenty to eat.
Love to you all. . .
Grandma Billie said it perfect --Alayna is beautiful inside and out. I love the Gap outfit! Alayna looks great in pink. Grandpa and I look forward to having Lexi, Drake and Douglas this weekend. We have lots to do including moving Mimi to Heritage Woods in Aledo. We can't wait to hear about your trip to Jacksonville and the knowledge you will gain regarding 1p36 children. Love the picture of Drake and Alayna!
Have a safe trip to Jacksonville! I look forward to hearing about the conference and about the other kids and families that you'll meet. Make sure you give Alayna that pacifier on the airplane - I'm sure that won't be a problem! :)
I will be praying for a safe and informative trip. My love goes with you!
Looking forward to your Halloween pictures.
Ava is a pink poodle for Halloween.
Hi Mommy I can't wait to see Alayna
in her duckie costume!I bet she will look so cute in it.I am also looking forward to be going to Grandma BIllie's and Grandma Diana's houses.Mabey if you have enough time you can call me and tell me about your trip to Jacksonville and about many families with 1p36'ers.Anyways I hope you have agreat time there with Alayna.
Love big Sister Alexis
Post a Comment