Thursday, November 22, 2007

Sharing Some Photos from Iowa City

Cuddling with sister Lexi!
Alayna fussing and telling us that she doesn't feel good at all.
Alayna getting an EEG. They want a baseline to put in her folder in case of future seizures.
Looks like someone pulled a prank on Alayna and markered her head with a Sharpie! No, she was just getting measured and marked where the probes for the EEG had to be placed.
Alayna sporting her "Don King" hair and looking thankfully at daddy. She is so sweet.

Alayna sleeping with the many tubes. The yellow is the feeding tube, the clear on her right is a tube to release air and acids from the stomach, and the big one taped to her is the NP tube that puts oxygen right down into her. These procedures wear her out on top of not feeling good.
Alayna resting again. She has the cannula in her nose with oxygen and the feeding tube. This was in the early days at the hospital. She got to the point of not responding to the cannula on Wednesday and it was replaced with an NP tube.
"Oh my goodness."
I will try and share more pictures soon. I'm enjoying an evening here with the family at my sister's house. Her internet connections is so fast it doesn't take as long to load the pictures.
Alayna is with dad right now. He said they turned her oxygen down to 45% and she is maintaining her stats fine right now. If she gets down a bit more, maybe they can take the NP tube out and put the cannula back in. She hates that tube taped on her nose. Thank goodness it is somewhat glued and taped on good because she has pulled on it pretty hard a few times.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is such a precious little angel. So sweet, so innocent. I enjoyed spending the evening with you, Angie, and the kids. I'm so glad to see that she's doing better and holding her oxygen levels up and I'm so glad that you got to hold her. I'm sure that Alayna misses that as much as you do. Hugs and kisses to you, Alayna...we miss seeing you soooo much!!!

Anonymous said...

Angie and Dana,
I just caught up after not checking your blog for a week. I'm asking a special friend of mine, Sr. Maggie, to add all of you to her prayer list. While I pray for Alayna, I will pray for you, too, to soon get some sleep and relief from the stress. She's precious but so are you two--and Lexi (she looks so grown up!), Drake, and Douglas. Thanksgiving can be any day--or EVERY DAY!

Anonymous said...

Angie,
I am so happy to hear that her oxygen levels are up! We are continuing to pray for you and Alayna. She looks like a sleeping angel! So precious and innocent! We can't wait to see you all soon. We send our love! Please give Alayna a big hug and kiss for us.

Love,
Lora, James, and Ava

Anonymous said...

We love you Alayna.We can't wait to see you again.We miss you.We are praying for you to get better and you can come back home soon.You are a precious little angel and a little sweety.