Another quick update. Alayna's CBC (complete blood count) came back really high. To put it in perspective, in the ER on Friday night at Trinity she was at about 13,000. Which is fairly normal. She is now at 45,000! ICKES. So, her resident doctor, Dr. Cara, came in and told us she will be starting an antibiotic called Rocephin two times a day through her IV. She received one dose of this prior to her helicopter flight on Saturday. It is a general antibiotic that should take care of most things, including pneumonia, if that is what she has??? I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope this will help her get over that hump and give her an extra boost.
She is resting well this afternoon. And as you can see, I just can't rest. I'm having a difficult time relaxing and I find myself always watching her stats on the monitors. Dana is here and I know I should take advantage of that, but it is hard. Anytime her oxygen drops below 90%, the alarm goes off and I'm up. It's not an easy time being a parent and watching your child remain sick. I hope I can report uplifting news soon. Again, Alayna remains a trooper through all of this.
If you just logged on to this post, I just want to remind you that there are two others below it. I'm a bit bored and looking for any excuse to play on the computer. Papers and quizzes are all graded and it's hard sitting in the room 24/7.
SOOOOOOO Long ago!!!!!!
16 years ago



2 comments:
Angie,
I've just gotten home from work and have read your last 3 posts. It sounds like things are busy around there. You wrote that you need to let your job know about when you may be returning. I know how difficult this is, as I had to do the same thing last spring when Jade underwent 4 eye surgeries and frequent trips to the eye doctor. Our jobs are definately important to us and with being teachers, there is also prep work involved. I understand your worry. I'm sure the Rockridge staff realizes what a difficult time you are having right now and all of us are thinking of you!
I continue to pray and ask others to pray for Alayna. We hope to hear good news soon. I'm sure we will.
Thank you also for taking time out of your day to share so much with everyone that reads Alayna's blog.
Take Care,
Chrystal Weller
Chyrstal,
Thank you for the well wishes and for keeping up to date with Alayna. There is a lot of prep work involved with being gone at school and I don't even know Monday's plans! UGH. But, we'll get through. You are right, I have great support with the math faculty and all staff at RHS. As you can see I'm climbing the walls. Alayna is really having a hard time maintaining her oxygen level and is now back up to 4 L. She goes up and down. She received her first dose of antibiotic and I hope this helps within the next 24 hours. It just seems like she is breathing really hard and working too much. Keep praying! Sending hugs to you, your family and Jade for Happy Thanksgiving. Again, thanks for the thoughts.
Post a Comment