Sunday, November 25, 2007

An A+ For Sleeping!

Alayna had a rough day yesterday with all of the CPT and suctioning. She just didn't rest well at all. But, last night she slept like the angel that she is! It was wonderful to finally get some decent rest. Actually, she is still sleeping right now and it is 11:00 am. That is a good thing for her so that she can fight this virus off. The doctor came in this morning. The plan is to keep the NP tube in place at least until tomorrow. Tomorrow they will assess the situation and see if it would be best to take it out and try a cannula again or keep the NP tube in longer. I'm trusting that they will do what is in the best interest for Alayna because none of us want a set back.

Alayna will not be having any x-rays today. They weren't telling the doctors a whole lot, so they have decided to lay off of them for now. They think time is the key for this to run its course. She is still on 100% oxygen and she is comfortable. That is so important because nothing hurts a mom more than to see their child in distress and restless. She did get a new NP tube this morning because the other one already clogged up with secretions. It seems like she has a lot of junk moving around today.

This experience has obviously touched many people in a different way. My kids have especially been under some stress without both mom and dad at home. Their routine has been uprooted and they miss mom and little sister. Kids don't like routine, but they thrive on it. Unfortunately, they just don't have a good way of communicating what they are really feeling and sometimes it comes out in their actions and words. So, say a little prayer for Alexis, Drake, and Douglas. This is just as rough on them. And of course, for Dana who is doing a good job trying to hold down the fort.

I was thinking about holidays a moment ago. Alayna has been in the hospital for her first Easter and her first Thanksgiving. These are family times and I remember as a kid looking forward to going to someone's house and having a big dinner with everyone. I pray Alayna is healthy real soon and that Christmas will be an extra special time in the DeKeyrel household. Hugs and kisses.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I got to visit Alayna today and see her. She looks so peaceful and I know she's getting better everyday. I can't wait for you both to come home and get back into the "daily" routine of life. I pray for her and your entire family everyday - that God may give each of you the strength to get through this and may heal Alayna very, very soon. Hugs and kisses...love you all.

Anonymous said...

Hello,mommy it's Lexi. I miss Alayna and you very much. I hope you and her get to come home soon.
I'm so glad Audrey and me got to visit today,too. Always rember I love you both.
Love,
Lexi

Anonymous said...

Hello,Alayna.
We miss you a lot. I am glad I got to see you today. We hope you and Auntie get to come home soon. We love you a lot,too.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness Alayna is resting comfortably. As a mom I do know how hard it is to watch your baby as she is sick. We will say our prayers for your entire family. Although I've never been in your situation, I can just imagine the upset it brings to all involved. You are all doing an excellent job and before long, routine will be established again and you'll be celebrating a wonderful Christmas together.

Chrystal Weller

Anonymous said...

Sleep is such a wonder drug and will hopefully help get everyone back on track! Take care of yourself, too, Angie, and don't sweat the small stuff. You are doing exactly what you need to be doing right now and your wonderful support system will make sure that all of your other kids are getting everything that they need (of course nothing compares to mom, but kids are very resilient). These trials are making all of you stronger, better people. You are all doing an excellent job and we continue to pray for you in the hopes that things continue to look up.

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. We're praying for all of you. You are so strong (but exhausted, I'm sure.) Alayna is such a little trooper! It sounds like she is getting excellent care. Holidays in the hospital are no fun, but you're right-- this will make the ones back home even more precious. I hope your family is all back home together soon.
Thinking of you!

Brooke Fleuette

Anonymous said...

Angie,

I have been keeping up with all you are going through. What a wonderful mom you are. It is hard I am sure to be away from the other kids, but they know you love them. Remember to take care of yourself too. If oyu need anything let us know.
Laurie Danner