Today has been another day of ups and downs and beeping alarms. Dana stayed with her last night and he said she did very well and her stats were good. They had her weaned down to about 35% oxygen and her levels were running in the mid-upper 90's. However, by mid-day, she just wasn't responding to the NP tube anymore. I just wanted to scream at that point. She was on her 5th replacement and they were suctioning her every hour it seemed like. The respiratory therapist and nurse decided to remove the NP tube and see what she would do. Her levels jumped up! So, a cannula was placed in her nostrils again and so far she is doing better. She is so much more comfortable with that instead. Keep your fingers crossed that we won't have to resort back to the NP tube and that she shows the doctors on call that she is okay without it!
Right now is a good time to give you this update because she is currently getting another x-ray of her lungs. They are monitoring her close and I hope that this one shows some improvement. I'll let you know tomorrow.
It looks like we will be here for sure until Monday. I will let you know the plan as it unfolds. I hope within the next few days she can be on room air. It's slow progress, but minute by minute we are getting there. I met a family here whose 14 year old has fungal pneumonia that he got after going on a hiking trip in the woods. They have been here for 23 days. I feel for them and hope he gets better really soon. I had never heard of such a thing. It put it all in perspective for me again. Things can always be worse. I think God sends these obstacles to me just to put me in check. It just makes me realize again that I can't control everything. It also makes me thankful for so many things.
SOOOOOOO Long ago!!!!!!
16 years ago



9 comments:
Dana, Angie and family,
We are thinking about you and praying for you. Alayna's a tough little girl and sounds like she is making progress. If you need anything at all, please let us know.
Love,
Dana and Phil Fuhr
Hi Alayna,
We're thinking about you all of the time and can't wait for you to come home so we can visit.
Dana, Angie and Family,
We are praying for you, asking God to heal Alayna from this virus and to give each of you the strength you need. Reading your notes remind us of Cole's stay there and how fortunate we are to have a great facility to help our kids when they are sick. Please let us know if we can help in anyway. Drake, Alexi and Doug are always welcome.
Jim, Beth & Cole
Hello All -
Just want you to know you are in our prayers everyday. We are asking for strength for you all.
Love - Jay, Julie & Jordan
PS - Keep singing and reading Mom it can be the best medicine.
Hi Angie,
So glad to hear Alayna was able to get the NP tube removed. She is on her way to recovery!! Keep hanging in there.
Many thoughts and prayers,
Meg, Bill, Alayna & Alexa
Angie,
We have been thinking about and praying for Alayna and the family! We hope to see you all sometime soon. It seems as though Alayna continues to make progress. We love you and if you need something or just someone to talk to just call! Give her another hug and a kiss from us.
Love,
Lora
Hi Angie,
My thoughts and prayers have been with you. I have been following your blog since Deanna told us at school what happened. I can not believe everything you guyes have been through. Be strong, keep singing Jesus Loves You, that is what will make Alayna better. Take care!
Love,
Mary
You are so amazingly strong little Alayna...Dana and Angie, I can only imagine what you are going through...We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!!!
The Hutchins
Jackie, Eric, Payton and Kelsey
Thanks guys for all of your comments and prayers. We can't wait to post on the blog that we are headed home. I hope that day is coming soon. I miss my pillow-top mattress and a nice HOT shower! The warm water here comes from 3 blocks away...it is cold. Thank you again. I hope you enjoy her blog.
Post a Comment