Sitting tube and wire free in the recliner! I think she was a bit taken back by it!
I'm still tired mom! I need a good, warm bath and my own bed. (So does mom.)
Alayna and Dr. Cara Hamilton. We loved her!
We are all so happy! It's finally the day to go home. It's been an experience we'll never forget.Great news! I've got the discharge papers in my hand. Dana is on his way to come and get us right now. Alayna ate 3 1/2 oz at 1:00 pm and that was enough to say, "Yes, you guys need to go home." A follow up appointment with our pediatrician in Moline is already scheduled for Monday. We are privileged to have Dr. Starner in pediatric pulmonary and Dr. Mathews in neurology (here at Iowa City) follow Alayna. She will be coming back for appointments in the next 3-6 months and then when needed. She will also be seen by the CDD (Center for Disease and Development) so they can evaluate her based on her deletion. The pediatrics specialities clinic is just right across the hall. We'll be able to stop by and say hi to all of the familiar faces when we come back. I'm so glad that we are able to get into this great network of doctors. Again, it's just another way God is working in this grand plan.
I want to say thank you to all of you guys reading this blog for your thoughts, prayers, and support. I know there are a lot of people who check it faithfully. It's been a long two weeks. Dana and I could not get through these kind of situations without all the help we get from others. Our families have been especially supportive and it makes us thankful for having the families that we do. Not everyone is as fortunate as us. This has been an eye-opening experience for me in many ways. I have to count my blessings each and every day.
The posts will probably slow down a bit, but don't stop checking! :)



13 comments:
Incredible news!!!! Here's to a special evening with your entire family..........Carol P.
YEA!!!!!!! Great news Angie. You look great, Alayna looks great and may you and Dana have a safe drive home and peaceful night at home with your entire family!! That was a very nice post you wrote about all the medical staff and others at the U of Iowa Hospital.
Take care and God bless!
Megan, Bill, Alayna & Alexa
Alayna, look out...Grandma Diana and Grandpa Denny can't wait to hold you and give you hugs and kisses. We love you soooo much and can't wait to see you at home!
That is wonderful news! You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers for the past couple of weeks. I am glad to hear that you are heading home.
Amber
We're so glad you're better, Alayna! We can't wait to see you!
Welcome Home! Have an enjoyable and relaxing weekend!!
Chrystal Weller
I am so happy for you! What fabulous news! We can't wait to see you all and give Alayna a big hug and kiss. What a sweetheart!
Love you all,
Lora, James, and Ava
What wonderful news! We couldn't be happier for all of you! We are also so happy that you had such an awesome experience at the hospital. I don't think words can truly do justice to what actually goes on there. While no one ever wants to be in the position of having a seriously ill child, it is nothing short of a miracle to be able to come out of these experiences with such positive things to say. We are so very fortunate to have such an incredible facility so close to home. They really do make miracles happen!
We hope you all have a restful night and stay toasty warm this weekend.
Love to you all.
Michelle & The Guys
Hello,mommy I can't belive that Alayna is finally coming home! H ave a safe trip home.
Lexi
GREAT NEWS! Michelle and I were so excited to see your updated posting. We will continue to keep you in our prayers!
GW
Hallelujah! I am so happy for all of you but especially for Alayna. You have all been through so much. Here's to much brighter days ahead. Jan Schmulbach
Hope you all doing well and getting some much needed rest.
Take care.
Lots of love and prayers,
Aunt Denise & Molly
Remember - our thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family. Alayna is so incredibly precious - keep giving her lots of hugs! Hope to see you guys soon -
Tori McKay
Post a Comment