Alayna doing some tummy time. This was on 11/8 and you can see that she wasn't feeling too good then either. I think she had the onset of RSV for quite awhile.
This is the usual smiley Alayna! We can't wait to get her back!!!
Alayna gets very relaxed at times....pacifier hanging half out even!
I finally got to hold her! It felt like the first time. It was hard with all the tubes and wires. I was careful not to pull anything out or lose.
This was today after she just got the NP tube taken out of her left nostril. She wasn't happy at the moment, but she is now!
Sorry if I already posted this picture. I can't remember. But this shows all of the tubes.
This is Alayna enjoying a ride in the swing. This was on day 1....10 days ago already.
This is how I spend a majority of the time...looking over the side of the crib watching her while she is alseep and while she is awake.
Auntie comes to visit along with Audrey, Lexi, Grandma Diana, Grandma Billie & Aunt Danette.
Alayna loves watching her big sister talk to her. Lexi misses her a lot!!!
This was taken just moments ago. No NP tube...hooray! I was so close to getting a grin out of her.
The IV was removed because my hand started to swell. It lasted almost 9 days!
My nurse Jo and RT Valerie are taking my NP tube out and the tape off of my nose. OUCH!Alayna is looking really good to me today. I can say that with reassurance. Other days I wanted to think she looked better, but she was lacking the "spark." Today, she is getting her "spark" back. She is still very tired and naps frequently, but when she is up she is alert and looking around. I was trying so hard to get her to smile and instead I got a tiny grin.
She is getting a little rash on her forehead and her cheeks. I'm not sure if it's a reaction to the tape, antibiotic, or just dry. Alayna usually has this wonderfully smooth, perfect skin. So I'll have to keep an eye on that.
The respiratory therapist is continuing suctioning every 4 hours, but not as aggressively. She is also getting Afrin spray up her nose to reduce any nasal swelling that the NP tube may have caused.
The doctors do not plan on taking the cannula out before Wednesday. And that is only if she responds well to this type of oxygen supply. I hope she keeps her stats up so the NP tube doesn't have to go back on. So, it looks like we are going to be here most of the week if not all of it. Keep your prayers coming. I hope we get home by the weekend.
Thanks to all the special visitors this past weekend for coming by and for the phone calls, comments on the blog, and balloons.



6 comments:
Angie, my heart and prayers go out to you and Alayna. I am soo happy to hear she is getting better. You are a wonderful mommy and your children are blessed to have you. If you need anything...please call.
Love, Shanna
I told you that I can't wait to squeeze you, Alayna! I love you so much and am praying everyday that you will feel better...and get to come home soon. I know you probably miss your crib and I know your mommy really misses her own bed. Hugs and kisses....
Check The blog every night before bed..... Sleep tight .... Thoughts still are with you
The Locander's
Angie, Dana, Alayna, & kids,
I just finished reading all of the blogs. YOu have been through so much this last week. I am so thankful things are looking up. Angie, I can feel your strength & faith throughout the blogs-keep it up. Stay strong and continue to draw your strength from your little angel, Alayna. It was so good to meet Alayna and spend time with you in October, she is such a sweetie. You are all in our prayers.
Love, Michelle Fuhr
Angie,
That is GREAT NEWS! Alayna looks much better and I'm sure will continue to get stronger. We will keep praying for you and your family. Call if you need anything!
Love,
Dana Fuhr
It is so wonderful to not only hear how Alayna is doing, but to see her getting better.
Our prayers continue to be with Alayna and the whole family.
Love,
Aunt Linda
Post a Comment