Good morning. Miss Alayna slept okay last night, but not as good as the night before. Maybe that is a good sign. A sign of agitation with all of the tubes and suctioning. We had a long period of awakeness from midnight to 2:30 am. Minutes just run together and the time actually flies by pretty fast. Unfortunately, morning is always here before I really want it to be.
Right now she is set at 40% oxygen through her CPAP. The doctor is going to allow the nurses to try and wean her down again and give the cannula another shot. Let's hope she can hold those stats steady and doesn't regress like last time. She did so good up until about the 12 hour mark, so we'll just have to watch her closely.
She still continues to be suctioned about every 4 hours and still absolutely hates it. I don't think I've ever heard her be so loud. She really puts off a mean scream.
Other than this, there hasn't been a whole lot of changes made. Again, we are just waiting for the moment that she all of a sudden is much better! RSV is a respiratory virus and it has taken quite a toll on Alayna's lungs and breathing. Nothing seems to come to easy for Alayna and she just requires more time to fight back.
It's a new week. Hopefully things will change for the better this week and we will be able to go home. This will be night 11 and it's hard to believe that it's been that long. Again, days just run in to each other and being here makes me loose track of time. I sometimes don't even remember what the date is.
I'll most definitely post again today. It helps pass time and it makes me feel like I'm somewhat in touch with the outside world. Oh, I do want to say that I got to hold her yesterday for over an hour! You ought to have seen me. It was like the anticipation a new mother has after having a new baby. I sat in the chair just eagerly waiting the nurse to hand her to me. It was like giving candy to a baby. She fell fast asleep and we enjoyed that part of the day. She also got a really good bath and hair scrubbing! Alayna looked very pretty and smelt like a bottle of baby lotion. I could just eat her up.
SOOOOOOO Long ago!!!!!!
16 years ago



4 comments:
Good morning Angie,
Glad to hear princess Alayna is holding her own. Good luck today with the cannula. I bet you are soooo ready to come home with your baby doll Alayna. Keep hanging in there.
Many thoughts and prayers,
Meg and family
Hello - Angie,
Got your email about girl scouts. Lori M told me about your scare at the basketball game on the 17th. Our prayers have been with your family.
Got busy with work and to MO for Thanksgiving forgot to get someone called to here an update - thanks for the update.
We are excited about going to Aledo to sing carols also. I pray that everything goes well in IA City and you are both able to come home very soon.
I can only imagine the procedures and hours of no sleep you, Dana and Alayna has been thru. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. Take care
Betty Stice
Hi Angie-
Alayna has filled out so much! Hang in there, I know it's hard playing that oxygen game. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you all.
Hi Angie and Alayna,
Thank you for the updates. It really helps to know how all of you are doing. Hang in there and take care of yourself too.
Lots of love!
Post a Comment