Just wanted to let everyone know how much it means to us knowing that we have people saying special prayers for Alayna from one coast of the U.S. to the other coast. I admit that right now I'm climbing the walls with boredom, frustration, and plain old worrying. She is still not maintaining good oxygen levels and is now back up to 4 liters. She will be fine at 1 liter and then all of a sudden require more. Alayna's breathing seems to be more labored today and she just seems to be working at it much more. When she does cough however, her stats usually go up. It is so inconsistent and frustrating. This is the 6th night in the hospital and we are both missing our beds.
P.S. Alayna received two balloon bouquets, one yesterday and one today, and she loves them! They cheer up the room. Thanks.
SOOOOOOO Long ago!!!!!!
16 years ago



3 comments:
Angie,
We've only met once but I feel like I'm getting to know your family through the blog and talking to Dana at work. I've been reading your posts this week to keep up and normally wouldn't reply, but I'm sensing your anxiety tonight and wanted to let you know that you truly do have people praying for you coast to coast. The twins and I are visiting family in Louisiana and even my sister is asking for Alayna updates when she sees me on the computer. It must be incredibly hard on your family especially with the holidays - we will be thinking of you tomorrow and will be sure to include Alayna and your family in our prayers. I hope Alayna starts feeling better soon!
Sheila Meyers
Angie,
Hang in there, as you know the Lord does miraculous things! Alayna is so lucky to have so many people praying for her! I KNOW that prayer helps, I have seen it work!
I started reading your blogs from the beginning today....and wow...it made me cry and it made me realize that my feelings are normal. I too, know the feelings that you have. As you said, you have to adjust and accept. Not many other people know how it feels to have a child that so unique. As it has been nearly 16 years now, I am truly a proud mother (as you know) because no one knows the hell that my child has endured since birth and yet takes it all in stride as his "normal." Children are truely amazing! We have been had some very rough times during the past several years and sometimes, I physically and emotionally don't think that I can go on because it hurts ME too much...as a mother. He has an amazing faith and trust in the Lord...even when I begin to question. I never dreamt of this being part of motherhood; and I learned it at a very young age. Yes, it can very difficult to be the mother you want to be to all of your children. For some reason though, we were chosen to be blessed with special children and I am thankful and grateful for everyday and every moment because I know that it all can change the next moment. People often say that they don't know how I do it....but what else is there to do? We need to be there for our children and be strong and take things day to day..because we have to....that is what mothers do for their children. Keep networking and educating...You have truely been inspiring to me! God bless!
Angie - I have been really bad about getting onto the computer lately and had no idea what was going on. Alan talked to Bill tonight and he said something had happened so I go on the computer right away. I had a feeling you would keep everyone up on what was going on. Wow what an ordeal! Alan told me that he heard Alayna had stopped breathing and Dana gave her CPR. My first comment was Thank God Dana knew what to do. I'm not sure if I would have been able to think straight. We sure will have you in our prayers. Funny, I should have called on Sunday as Henry was talking about baby Alayna. I got caught up on the blogs. Can't wait to see her in her helmet.
The Whites
Post a Comment