Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Plans for Florida Conference!


She enjoys sitting. You just have to support her!


Working and more working on her sitting.

Smiling at mom while watching Rachel Rae!

On November 2nd and 3rd, the Yahoo 1p36 group is planning a conference in Jacksonville, Florida. We are going! I booked our flights today and I'm looking forward to learning more about 1p36 children. One of the highlighted speakers is Dr. Lisa Shaffer. She is studying 1p36 kids and I can't wait to hear her speak. Dana and I, along with Alayna, will be the ones attending. The other kids will stay in school and I'm going to have to rely on our family again to take care of them! I know you are reading this blog, so I'll forewarn you ahead of time. Dana and I look forward to meeting other families to gather information that may help us for the road ahead. I've noticed on the Yahoo site that degrees of 1p36 vary greatly. So, like everyone always says, no two children are alike. But still, this conference I feel is an opportunity that doesn't come often and we can't pass it up.


To give you an update on Alayna...well, she is getting both bottom teeth at the same time! The one has broke through completely and the other is just showing and her gum is so swollen. I've been putting Baby Orajel on her to numb it. She makes a really funny face signaling that she doesn't care for the taste. It sure works though. I tried it and it doesn't take much. She's been a bit "unsettled" at nap times than usual, but overall a real trooper. She's still smiling lots and playing. We still continue working on the strength which will come when it wants. One thing people have to realize is that she will develop at her own pace. We can help her out, but we don't want to overdue it. No progress is made if she gets too tired. It's a slow, gradual process and we've got to be patient. She will do things in her own time. Alayna will never "outgrow" the deletion. Instead, we have to accept it and realize Alayna is who she is. WE LOVE HER!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and I are committed to watching Lexi, Drake and Douglas so that you and Dana can learn more about 1p36 children. Alayna is a beautiful little girl and very special. God blessed you and Dana with a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Alayna is so beautiful and she looks so very sweet; you are doing a great job Angie. Thanks for the updates.
Janet Ludin