
"Mom, what are you doing? Stalking me with the camera?"

See my new teeth! I think my cousin Ava has some too!
This post today is dedicated in loving memory of Nate Hornbuckle. He was a special child that blessed many people for a short while. God has taken him to a better place, but many hearts are aching. Michelle, Nate's mom, is an extraordinary person whom I've drawn strength from just knowing what she and the family have been through over the past few years. Michelle, I am thinking of you and praying for you during this most difficult time. Our family sends its condolences and prayers to the entire Hornbuckle family and their friends. Special kids touch people in special ways and that is what Nate did. It was known that his smile was contagious and he was always a happy kid. He will be greatly missed. The memories of Nate will live on forever.
The future of anyone is so unknown. Moments like these make us realize how fragile life is and how fast it can be taken from us. Enjoy those little moments. May God embrace the Hornbuckle family and provide comfort during this hardship.
"Jesus took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them." Mark 10



4 comments:
Angie -- I want to take this opportunity to tell you "thanks" for allowing me to visit Alayna's page. I have been reading it regularly since the day you shared her site with we in the mall.
For starters, it is very thoughtful of you to post a message in dedication for Nathan!
I have had very mixed emotions reading all of the blogs you have posted. Mostly, I am extremely prould of you for being the mom that you are!! Although, I am only an acquaintance, I can honestly tell you that you found stability in your life much sooner than I did when my daughter was diagnosed with Down Syndrome! MANY of the comments you made were similar to the thoughts and feelings I have, or have had.
I'm glad to hear that you are going to attend the 1p36 conference. I think you will find it so helpful. Tyson and I attend a Down Syndrome conference last fall and hope to attend another one this fall.
I hope that you and your family will consider attending some of the Upside of Down Syndrome events. We would love to have you. As parents of children with special needs, be it Down Syndrome or 1p36, we find strength and comfort in one another.
Finally, I can't tell you how much I enjoy looking at all the adorable photos of Alayna. She is soooooooo cute. [I love all the girly outfits and hair accessories :)]
As you are doing....take pride in your beautiful daughter!!!
Chrystal Weller (Anthony)
Chrystal,
Thank you for all of your kind words and I'm more than happy to share this page with you and your family. Jade is also a very lucky girl who has great parents. I really am glad to have run into you and Tyson at the mall. It may sound strange, but it's nice to know that you're not "alone" because I'm sure you've felt the same way before. Days can be hard sometimes, but we've got to keep chugging on. I truly believe that special kids are born to special families for very special reasons. We'll have to have lunch sometime. It would be nice to get to know all of you. Take care and give Jade a hug. (I hope I spelled her name right!)I'll see you on the 24th at Rockridge.
Angie,
Thank you so much for your wonderful tribute to Nate. We can't tell you how touched we were by this. Although Nate is no longer with us, we are committed to keeping his memory alive through all of our other "special" friends. We will remain an active part of the Up Side of Down Syndrome Family Group and hope that you will be able to join us.
Thank you for coming to pay your respects yesterday. You are a wonderful mommy and I am so glad that we have been able to reconnect over the past several months. Keep up the good work!
Michelle
Michelle,
You don't know how glad I am that we've "reconnected." I've found a friend in you...someone that I can talk to, relate to, and count on. That means so much to me. I really feel God has a plan and things happen for reasons. I would like to join you sometime when you go to your group. I'll be calling you soon. I have no doubt that Nate's memories will live on forever. After talking to you and seeing your determination, you'll find ways to do this.
Michelle, I know that as a mom we just do what we have to do through good times and bad times. But I have to say that your strength is remarkable. Your words on the carepages were breath-taking and heartfelt. You are an extraordinary mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Ryan and the boys. Your bond with them is only going to get stronger. I'm sure you are so grateful to have them and I would be too. They are adorable and you should be proud.
I wish I would've known Nate more than just running into you and him at the CTC. It was obvious how much he loved you by the way he clung to you! I look forward to hearing stories about him. God bless you and I'll be in touch.
Angie
Post a Comment