Sunday, July 1, 2007

Getting Ready For Fireworks!


Alayna had to try on her July 4th outfit. She is getting ready for the fireworks in Milan on Tuesday! We are taking all of the kids and they are excited to watch the show. I think we are planning on sitting on the hillside in front of Benny's Pizza so we can enjoy both the pizza and the view. We've got a busy week. Alexis has her state softball tournament starting on Thursday evening in Decatur, so we are heading down there for a day or two. She plays for the Rocket Fire and is doing a great job (she is the second youngest on the team). I plan on taking the whole crew, but we'll just have to see how long they last (and how long mom lasts). It can be long days at the ball diamond and it's a lot of running around and it can be difficult to keep a 3 year old entertained! I'm not sure if I really get to focus on watching Lexi play ball too much! We might have to head back home early. Drake plays for Illinois City and he is a natural ball player. Everyone is amazed at how he has developed over a year. His tournament starts next week on July 9th. Can we believe it's July? And ball games are almost to an end....yeah! We are wishing everyone a Happy 4th. Independence Day is a great thing. With all that has happened over the course of the last 5 months, it makes me sit back and evaluate life a lot more often. I'm so thankful to live in the country that I live in and I'm grateful to each and every one of our service men and women protecting us each day.


I also wanted to mention that my dad, Denny, had open heart surgery last Friday. He had a double-bypass and everything went well. He spent about a day and a half on the intensive care floor, but they moved him up to a normal recovery room late last night. He is doing well for all that he has been through. Our family really appreciates all of your prayers for him and for all of those who have stopped by the hospital. The Trinity doctors and staff have been great. My mom is pleased with the care that they have been providing him. We expect him to be released sometime Tuesday, but nothing is set for sure. He has a long road to a full recovery, but he is a very strong person and we have complete faith that he will be fine. May God give him strength to get through this challenging time. Take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alayna looks ready for the big day! It will be interesting for you to see how she responds to the Fireworks.
I'm glad Denny is doing well after surgery, I was surprised to know that he had by-pass surgery. Hope you all have a wonderful 4th with your family and friends!
Keep those pictures comin', I just LOVE to look at them!

Love,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Oh Angie, I just read your last few blogs. I am so touched by your honest emotions. Thank you for trusting us with your feelings and sharing your roller coaster ride. What a challenge! But you are, indeed, such an incredible young woman and I feel privileged to know you. You are an inspiration to so many people, in so many different ways. God will continue to help you deal with the individual needs of your 4 kids--you are doing a GREAT job!!

I absolutely LOVE the pictures. Alayna is so precious!! I just want to reach out and hug her when I see her pix! Thank you for taking the time to share these moments with us.

We continue to pray each day for all of you. I am so glad to hear that Denny's surgery is over and he is recuperating.
Hang in there!
God bless,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Alayna looks ready to go for the 4th! I am glad to hear Denny is doing well. You have been through so much but your strength, faith and love are amazing and will continue to help you and your family through the tough times. You and your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers everyday! I hope you have a good 4th!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie...

I sit here and read all of your blogs about Alayna and I am so touched by your incredible devotion to your family, faith and the strength for you to endure each day and not knowing what it will bring. You are truly an amazing person, I cry each time I read your blogs, they are so caring and humbling. Alayna is very, very lucky to have a mom like you! Your mom did a wonderful job in raising you and Annette!

The pictures of Alayna are just absolutely adorable, as are the other kids too! Thank you for taking the time and sharing all the pictures and updates.

Thanks for letting us know about Denny - I will certainly keep him and you and your family in my prayers.

I look forward to reading about Alayna's progress!

Annie Jerzyk

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy 4th for you. I remember holidays with little ones. I miss that. Ron and I will be playing golf, but I'd much rather be chasing little ones. Alayna is adorable in her patriotic outfit. Enjoy the fireworks for me. You have a lovely family. Denny looked a lot better than Ron did at the same amount of days after surgery. Hope his recovery is quicker too.