Sunday, July 22, 2007

She Giggles!


Headed to Fun City!


Headed to Walcott Days!

She can giggle! It was music to my ears. I think she did it at least 8 times today. Sometimes it's for nothing really that funny, but hey, I don't care! She now recognizes her bottle very well and when I touched her chin with it and took it away (somewhat teasing her) she thought that was funny. Okay, for only a little while, but Douglas witnessed it and he loved it! She even giggled a few times while in the tub with Douglas. Alayna is smiling so much more and it's so reassuring. All we want as parents is for our kids to be happy. Many of the parents that I've met through the Yahoo website group for 1p36 kids say that when these kids start to laugh, it is contagious! I'm looking forward to the day Alayna has all of us rolling in laughter too!

This just shows that Alayna is meeting those milestones. We have to continue to be patient, but she will do things, just later than sooner. I guess I get to enjoy my baby longer. Her hands continue to go to her mouth. She does favor her left hand more though, but I think that's because I tend to hold her on my right shoulder and that's the hand that is free. I'm awaiting a tooth. I know it'll be coming soon. I keep peeking in her mouth, but I don't see anything yet.

Today we took the kids to Fun City in Burlington, IA. Dana works for Monsanto and they sponsored a "family day" there instead of a picnic at Monsanto like they usually do. The kids had so much fun on the water slides and playing cosmic bowling. Next year Alayna will be able to enjoy the water too! Today she had to resort to laying and kicking in her stroller. Again, another observation made by 1p36 parents is that these kids love the water. She is definitely getting more relaxed and comfortable taking baths! Maybe next year we'll take her to the beach in Florida!

I have to say that I love dressing little girls! Don't get me wrong, boys are fun too, but I love pink stuff, bows, and cute little socks. I'm going to make a prediction here too. I think Alayna is going to have gorgeous, wavy curls. Her hair continues to grow and it's not as curly as it was. I love it!

Tomorrow we go to PT and Friday we visit the pediatrician for 6 month shots. I'll probably do another post then. It's hard to believe that she will be 6 months old. Time does fly fast. We are trying to enjoy these little moments!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alayna! We had to check out your blog - we're missing you! It's been beautiful here in South Lake Tahoe, California - we think about you all of the time. I'm so glad to hear that you're giggling and I can't wait to hear you! Your pictures are precious! We love you and we'll be home on July 31st! (Tell your Mommy to have a "happy birthday" on the 30th - I'll be thinking about her!)

Anonymous said...

Alayna is a beautiful girl and she is lucky to have such a fine family who are also enjoying her so much. I can't wait to see her in person. Angie, I am looking forward to seeing you at school as well.

Janet Ludin

Anonymous said...

hi everyone! All the kids need to get together. Really the whole family needs to get together before summer ends and everyone gets busy with work. Maybe we could do a cook out. Your website is beautiful! Its great for you to share so much with everyone. Your family is in our prayers. Remember God gives you what he knows you can handle. You
r very special to all and esecially to Alayna. I love you and if you ever need anything...call.
Love, Shanna

Anonymous said...

Hello! I was so excited to hear that Alayna is giggling!! I can't wait to see her again. She takes the best pictures. She is absolutely adorable!
Shanna is right we need to get the whole family together some how! It would be great to see all the kids together.
Happy Birthday Angie and Annette!!
Alayna, love you lots and can't wait to hear you giggle!
Love,
Lora and Ava

Angie said...

Shanna and Lora, you are right. When you get back from FL let's try to plan something. Even if it's just with the cousins and the kiddies! Hope you are having fun in the sun. I'm jealous! Hug Ava and have a safe trip back.

Anonymous said...

LOVE all the new pictures, Alayna is such a beautiful and happy little girl. Sounds like things are going well, she is lucky to have such wonderful parents :)

-Jacqueline Kuhlemeier

Angie said...

Jacqueline, good to hear from you. How is Sam? I'll bet she's growing fast too. She's about 3 months now?Send some pic's our way soon. Tell Jason hi. We'd love to get to the east coast sometime. We'll have to talk about that!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful of Alayna! Wish I could come back home and see everyone! Miss you!
Love, Kay