I can smile!
Three of the kids are currently asleep. We've had a busy weekend so far! However, as tired as I am too, I just can't get myself to sleep at 7:30 pm. So here I am on the computer. I thought I'd share the family photo on the evening Alayna was born. I'm so glad that we got that shot because by 11:30pm that night, she was in the NICU and no more pictures were taken until the night we left. I'll treasure this photo for a very long time.
I'd like to thank all of you for viewing Alayna's blog and for those of you who have left a comment. Thank you! It's nice to read your kind words and thoughts. We appreciate all of them so much. It's these kind of things that just keep us going positively. I hope you continue to visit her blog and watch her progress.
The other photo was captured by a dear friend of mine, Barb. I had to take all of the kids one day last week to my classroom at school to finalize a few things and close it up for the summer. She came by with her camera and Alayna gave her the biggest smile. I've been trying to get a picture like this myself, but it's hard work trying to get her to smile and then flash the camera at the same time! I'm so thankful that she passed on a copy to me and I could share it with all of you. What a grin!
Just as I said she was sleeping great in the last update, well let's just say I spoke to soon! She's been a bit off schedule the last few nights and waking up around 2:30-3:30 am. She sometimes eats and then goes back to sleep. However, she still awakes at 6:00 am to get up. I'm getting tired. I long for a night of solid sleep and being able to wake up when I want to wake up! It's the price you pay though and it's all worth it.
As parents, we see beyond our children's faces to the priceless things that make them so special to us. We look at them with eyes of love. Even though there is no love on earth like parents' love for their child, God's unconditional love for each of us is far greater. I always say that I love Alayna and my three other kids so much, but not as much as God loves them. This eases my mind.
"God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them." 1 John 4:16





7 comments:
I know what you mean by cherishing that picture! You know that I will always cherish you and Dana allowing me to be part of her birth. Her smile is adorable-so sweet, innocent, and loving and I cherish every moment she grins. Even when she's not grinning, you can see her expression in her eyes by the way she focuses on our faces...we love her so much and think about you all everyday. Hugs and kisses your way!
I love this blog! It's great to be able to see and hear about Alayna's progress. She certainly is a little angel! Your faith continues to inspire all of us, Angie. God put Alayna into the perfect family for her--what a special blessing you all are to her...and to the rest of us. I love the pictures. My prayer is that you get some needed rest this week!
Hi Angie,
I love your blog, you are great at getting the updates posted! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures....keep them coming! Alayna has a beautiful smile :)
Thinking of you all,
The Kuhlemeiers
Angie,
I am so glad you started this blog. It gives me the chance to see Alayna and her progress. The picture of her smiling is beautiful!
Love,
Amy
Grandma Billie said. . .
God has truly blest our family with you and Dana and all your special children, as well as Danette and Gary, Darrin and our other 4 grandchildren. Aunt Danette and I are so looking forward to leading our "Cousin's Camp" every Friday this summer when we plan to spend quality time with Kehlee, Lindsay, Collin, Lexi, Drake and Douglas.
I cherish every minute I can interact with Baby Alayna and notice progress everytime I see her. Only God knows the future abilities of our special child, but we love her so much and will all work together to see that she reaches her full potential.
Richard and I are so proud of you and Dana. You are top-notch parents and your faith in God will lead you as we begin this journey together.
Love to you all. . . Billie
Oh, how I love that smile!!!
It is a daily ritual for me to check Ava's blog as well as my best friend Jennie's blog to see how the babies are doing. I am so happy you have one now. I love seeing the pictures of Alayna. She is so beautiful. Take care!
Love always,
Kay
Post a Comment