
Playing and laughing with Mom!

Giggling at Mom when she says "Get you!"

Lexi feeding Alayna!

Finally in the highchair! Love our left hand!

Giggling more!
WOW! Two posts in one weekend. If you haven't read the post below this one, make sure to. I just had an all-around good day today and wanted to share some of the highlights with all of you. Not only did I capture some great photos of Alayna, but I finally went to Sunday school with Alayna and the boys and heard a great message! It is time to get back into a routine of going to church. I was so proud of Douglas because he went downstairs to his class all by himself for the very first time. Drake said he didn't want to go downstairs and he wanted to stay up with me. I think because big sis Alexis wasn't with him. Douglas said to him in the van, "Drake, I'll walk you down to your class." It was too cute! Douglas came out all smiles. He said he ate, colored and sang some songs. He said to me, "I like Jesus." I think he's getting it!!!! :) They got to go to Happy Joe's buffet for doing so well and they ate like little hogs. I'm gonna be so broke when they get older if their appetites continue to grow like they are!
Anyway, the message was about life's challenges and how we face them. I don't want to preach to all of you, but I think God called me to church today just to hear this. You know, hearing God's word and relating to my own life helps me get through another week. The minister talked about 5 things to remember or do when responding to God's challenges. I need to remember His promise that he is there with me no matter what. I need to realize that God holds the agenda and not me. I need to face my fears and trust and obey...there is no other way. I need to surrender and let God be in the driver's seat and let him take control. And I go wherever he goes whether I like it or not. And lastly, I need to remember that invisible forces are greater than anything in this world. Sometimes His challenges can be painful, but I've said it many times; for everything there is a reason. This sermon helped me today more than you all will ever know.
I've tried two new things with Alayna over the past few days. The first one didn't go so well. I tried to see if she was able to sit stable enough in the tub ring I used with the other kids. She is not ready! She floats! It was kind of funny. I put her in it and instantly her bottom came up. She doesn't have the strength and balance yet to remain down. I'll try again later. She'll continue to use her baby bath tub for now. She likes it and that's all that matters.
The other thing was to have her sit in the highchair. She did great! Yes, a success! As long as the tray is up as far as it can go she does okay. And the highchair has a very supportive back for her neck and head. Actually, she does better in this than the Bumbo seat right now. She even got to eat her sweet potatoes in it. Lexi helped feed her. This should help her head strength, relieve some pressure off the back of her head, and help with her forearm strength. We will do this nightly and hopefully progress will continue.
Alayna has been a bit tired today and a little under the weather. Nothing major though. I hope it's just a little bug that will pass soon. She is eating fine, but has spit up a few times over the past couple of days. And she occasionally acts like her tummy hurts. The flu season is just beginning. We are so big into washing hands around here!



10 comments:
What a precious little angel our Alayna is! That bright pink is definitely a great color for her.
Congratulations, Angie and Dana, on her many accomplishments. It is only through your love and hard work that she is progressing like she is.
Love to you all. . .
Angie, you have AMAZING strength and your faith in the Lord is what gets you through even the toughest days. Alayna is so beautiful and you're the best mommy for her. I know that we've had some discussions lately about people who just have a really hard time "accepting" things for what they are and moving on in the positive direction. I know you and Dana are there - you're positive about Alayna's progress and accepting the fact that she will reach those goals in her own time when she's ready. I'm proud to be Alayna's auntie, and I'm proud to be your sister! And, you know that I'm right next to you every step of the way through this journey with Alayna, and am here for you and Dana whenever you need anything. I love you all! Hugs and kisses your way!
Oh, I forgot...is that the outfit I got Alayna?? ADORABLE!
Oh my, Angie! Alayna is just so pretty in pink! And I love those pix of her giggling!! I can hear the giggles when I look at the pictures! :-) Darling!!
And what a wonderful Christian testimony! Yes, I believe God called you to church on Sunday! That was an amazing message and one we all need to hear--but what great timing it was just for you!
God loves your family so much!!
Reading your blog this evening just made my day.
Thanks Angie!
Barb
Thanks for all of your nice messages. And yes Auntie, that is the outfit you bought me!
Love,
Alayna
Angie,
I truly believe the messages that you heard. I think these wonderful children are sent to us to reinforce those messages and let us know that no matter what we do, there is no way that we can possibly control and protect everything in our lives. We are also here to learn adversity and patience, which are so important. So many times we rush through life and don't take time to stop and appreciate all of the wonderful blessings that are right in front of us.
You have truly been blessed and are seeing the beauty and miracles that we take for granted each and every day. You are one proud mommy and are rising to the challenges presented to you with raising your sweet little Alayna. Keep up the good work - we are all so very proud of you!
Michelle and ^Nate^
P.S. Tell all of our friends at CTC hello for us - we sure miss them!
I love the pictures of Alayna in her bright pink outfit. I especially enjoy seeing her sit up in the high chair. I can't believe how she is growing and progressing! Angie and Dana you are doing a fantastic job -- we're so proud of both of you.
I think this is about the 10th time that I've viewed Alayna's pictures in the past few days - I can't get enough of her sweet smile. Oh, how I want to hear her giggle! Maybe I'll get her to giggle when she stays the night again. Will and Audrey are looking forward to having her over again. Audrey asks me all of the time, "When are we watching Alayna." They're going to keep you entertained, Alayna! Be ready!
Wow - your amazing strength and faith inspires us all. I wish we could find the time to talk more at school but things seems so busy and crazy at school this time of year. But please know that you and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Alayna is adorable and your family is very special. I am so glad I found the time to catch up on the blog. It helps me keep in perspective what is really important in life and has made my day!
Angela,
It is so true that the "Sunday sermon" can get one through another week. You remind me of my revelation at about the same age as you that just being in church on Sunday morning around others who are drawing on the strength of the Lord and the impact that had to get me through each week. We are truly not alone. God is a loving God.
God bless you and your family.
Aunt Linda
Post a Comment