Monday, September 3, 2007

Renal Ultrasound Tomorrow!


I still spend lots of time in the bouncy seat!


I like eating my left hand best...it gets to her mouth
easiest!


I'm all curls after my bath! My mom has way too
much fun with my hair!

Tomorrow, September 4th, Alayna is going to Trinity 7th Street for a renal ultrasound. Her scan is at 7:30 am, so Dad and her have an early morning wake-up call. Back in April when we were in Peoria, the doctors recommended that we follow up in 3-4 months with a renal ultrasound to check out her kidneys, bladder and all of her other "plumbing" parts. I imagine it is because she had a UTI and sometimes infections can cause scarring in the bladder or on the kidneys. I think we caught Alayna's infection early enough that this shouldn't be a problem. She hasn't had an infection since then and I'm so glad. I really feel that was God's way of getting us down to Peoria and get further testing. I'll keep you posted on the results of her ultrasound.

This past Friday, Dana got to experience taking Alayna to her physical therapy session at the CTC. I am usually the one who takes her, but with me back teaching, it makes it difficult for me to take time off. His job is much more flexible and he can work around these appointments. Her therapist told Dana that this was the best session she has had so far! I'm sad to have missed it, but grateful that Dana got to be there. She's come a long way, but we've got a long road ahead of us. These kids take time and develop at their own pace. And sometimes development seems to be at a dead standstill. We aren't going to get discouraged though! We just focus on what Alayna can do and realize that she'll get there someday!

Alayna doesn't cry much. She is a very low key baby that doesn't get too upset about anything. So, when she does cry, it usually gets all of our attention and we run to the rescue. And it doesn't happen too often. Yesterday, Alayna was sitting here with Drake and I in the living room. She somehow got scared and let out the biggest cry I'd ever heard her make. Drake said, "Mom, I like that cry. It sounds good!" That is so true. I was thrilled to here how strong her lungs are, but at the same time worried because I didn't know what was wrong. It took some time to console her, but it ended up she had a tummy ache. After a few droppers of Mylicon, she was good to go! Just another thing that is taken for granted with "typical" developing babies.

I still believe that God chose our family for Alayna. She is an angel sent to us to teach us something. Maybe it's to unlock the love in everyone's heart, help us align priorities, or strengthen our faith in God. We may never know her exact purpose, but I know that she is here for a reason. We've learned a lot so far in this wondrous journey and we look forward to learning more. She has taught me to be a better mom and a better teacher. Like all my children, I love her unconditionally. Look at that face....how can you not want to squeeze her! With God's strength we can get through anything. I know he is here with me each day listening to me....listening to the good things I say and also listening to the times I just scream! God Bless...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the curls!!! Alayna is so sweet you just can't help being drawn to her. Grandpa and I think she's very special and brings a lot of joy to our family.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I could squeeze her! She is just so darn cute. I love those curls! I am so happy to hear her about her progress and we continue to keep you all in our prayers. It was so nice to get to see you when Amy and Aaron were here. I hope we can get to see you soon.

Love you all lots,
Lora

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to hear that things are going well for all of you. Getting back to a "normal" routine can do wonders. It was nice getting to see you at the hospital the other day - we think about you often.

Love,
Michelle

Angie said...

Thinking of you too Michelle! Hey, send me an email if you get a chance. I had to delete my messages off the server in order for my computer to cooperate at work and lost all my addresses!

Anonymous said...

Dekeyrel Family,

What a loving and lovely family. Alexis, Drake and Douglas will be Alayna's best medicine, along with Mom and Dad.

God Bless!

Aunt "Bella" Linda