Crazy Chi-Omega's from Illinois State University.
We couldn't fit everyone in one photo, so here is the left side of the room too! Didn't want to leave anyone out.
Last weekend my Chi Omega sorority sisters held a fundraiser for Alayna in downtown Chicago. Oh, what a blast! Many of them still live in the city or the suburbs and with families and professions it was difficult for them to come back in November for the Quad City Fundraiser/Trivia Night. So, they decided they wanted to have their own fundraiser. They called themselves "Alayna's Angels" and they truly are just that. Dana and I feel so blessed to have such a supportive network of friends. I think I counted at least 26 Chi Omega's in attendance, plus their spouses, significant others, and friends. Some of them I hadn't seen since graduation day at ISU back in May 1995! And some of them were younger than me and I had never met them before. But they were all there to support Alayna and they expressed this repetitively through their kind words and gracious hearts.
The evening was filled with socializing, a silent auction, a raffle, and a 50/50 drawing. Many of us had our cameras and it was like we were back in college for a night. And for awhile many of us pretended that we didn't have any kids at all! We all enjoyed ourselves so much. I personally enjoyed just seeing everyone and catching up with what they are doing. And oh my goodness, between many of us we have tons of kids! We have lots of "little Chi-O's" coming up!
A special THANK YOU goes out to the main organizers of the benefit: Beata, Diana, Missi, and Kara. You all out-did yourselves and went above and beyond expectations. It means so much for you to have taken time out of your busy lives to plan such a special event to honor Alayna. And a huge THANK YOU to everyone who attended and made it a success. You are all very special people.





4 comments:
I love the pics! I can't believe how big she seems to be getting and her hair is so curly, it's adorable!
That's so awesome about your sorority sisters and hosting a benefit! I hope you had a great time!
Good luck with the end of the school year! Maybe we'll be able to get together sometime over the summer! I miss you guys so much and you are constantly in my prayers!
Kristin DePorter
That's amazing- I am so glad you guys have this support!
The pictures of Alayna are absolutely adorable! I personally want to thank "Alayna's Angels" for organizing a fundraiser. You are truly angels! Thanks for your generosity and kindness.
Diana Bush
Alayna's Grandma
Angie- This kind of support so many years after college is amazing! That is wonderful. You truly have a great network. Alayna's two year pictures are adorable. She is such a little angel. I cannot wait to meet you in person at the conference! Julie
Post a Comment