Now how come she won't smile like this at Sears Portrait? It's like she has a phobia of any portrait studio. Again, it just shows that her world is a bit "smaller" than most of us and she likes her home.
She looks so cute in her Halloween candy corn dress from Daddy.
Oh those curls and that tongue!
Alayna will be 21 months old on October 29th. Wow, her 2 year birthday is just around the corner and it is hard to believe.Another Try At Pictures
I've yet to get a really good studio photo of Alayna for quite awhile, so I thought I'd take her to Sears on Saturday evening and give it another try. As you can see in the pictures above, she was really happy at home. She had a nap and ate well all day. I thought, "Yes, we are going to do good!" Well, we walked into Sears Portrait and she instantly started crying. Oh brother! We tried to take just one picture, but that wasn't going to happen. Luckily, they weren't busy and allowed me to take her for a cruise around the mall and come back when she settled down. It took about 45 minutes of pushing her in the stroller, a very tiny cat nap, and a bottle and then we returned to the store. They actually got some really good shots of her showing nearly every expression she does other than a smile. We'll keep trying. It just seems like no time is a good time for Alayna. I've tried mornings, afternoons, and evenings and it all depends on how Alayna feels at that very moment. She is still very unpredictable and her stamina is still not very long.
Sick!
On Sunday morning at 12:30 am, Alayna woke me up whining. I discovered that she was extremely stuffed up and couldn't breathe through her nose. That's tough for a little one to handle. By 2:50 am, we were up for a few hours and it was apparent to me that pictures might not have went very well due to her not feeling 100%. On Sunday, she drank maybe 4 oz of fluid all day. She refused to eat cereal or veggies and didn't want a bottle. I had to help her drink white grape juice in a sippy cup to keep her hydrated. And I went to the extreme of setting the timer on the stove for every 25 minutes because she just wasn't drinking.
On Monday, I took Alayna to the pediatrician to get checked out. She had a 101.4 temperature and a bad cough by then. The good news was that her lungs sounded clear and that was a huge relief due to what happened to her nearly one year ago (2 weeks with RSV in Iowa City). He put her on an antibiotic in case she had an ear infection. It is so difficult to see in her ears due to large amounts of wax and small, long, and narrow tubes. She weighed 21 lbs 4 oz, but that was with all clothes on. So, my guess is she is still hovering around 20 pounds which is smaller than my other 3 kids when they were 12 months old. It is known that our 1p36 kids are smaller, so it isn't surprising.
This little bug has thrown her schedule off track and we've been up each night or early morning. Last night she fell asleep by 7 pm (way too early) and was up by 4 am. Then she fell back asleep at 6:15 am and I had to wake her to put her in the van to go to the babysitter. Not the ideal schedule for a school teacher mom! My ideal schedule for her would be to stay awake until 10 pm or even 11 pm and sleep until 7 am! Is that too much to ask for????!!!!!
Shriner's Clinic
The Shriner's Clinic a few weeks back went very well. A doctor observed Alayna and asked me to explain her condition as it was unfamiliar territory to him. That too isn't surprising because of its recent diagnosis. They accepted Alayna into the program, took her picture for identification purposes, and said that they would be in touch soon. It didn't take any longer than 30 minutes. Hopefully they will be calling soon to discuss future needs for Alayna and how they could possibly help out. I look forward to hearing from them.
Special Prayer Request
One of our 1p36 family members, little Chloe, is fighting for her life at the Texas Children's Hospital. She became very sick suddenly on her first birthday and ended up in the intensive care unit. She has been through numerous procedures and medications and the family is measuring progress minute by minute. I am asking that everyone say a prayer for Chloe and her family. The power of prayer has no limits. Thank you.
Overwhelming Benefit
Family and friends continue to plan the Trivia Night, Dinner, & Silent Auction Benefit for Alayna. The response in all facets has been overwhelming and we can't begin to express our thanks to every one involved.
I've yet to get a really good studio photo of Alayna for quite awhile, so I thought I'd take her to Sears on Saturday evening and give it another try. As you can see in the pictures above, she was really happy at home. She had a nap and ate well all day. I thought, "Yes, we are going to do good!" Well, we walked into Sears Portrait and she instantly started crying. Oh brother! We tried to take just one picture, but that wasn't going to happen. Luckily, they weren't busy and allowed me to take her for a cruise around the mall and come back when she settled down. It took about 45 minutes of pushing her in the stroller, a very tiny cat nap, and a bottle and then we returned to the store. They actually got some really good shots of her showing nearly every expression she does other than a smile. We'll keep trying. It just seems like no time is a good time for Alayna. I've tried mornings, afternoons, and evenings and it all depends on how Alayna feels at that very moment. She is still very unpredictable and her stamina is still not very long.
Sick!
On Sunday morning at 12:30 am, Alayna woke me up whining. I discovered that she was extremely stuffed up and couldn't breathe through her nose. That's tough for a little one to handle. By 2:50 am, we were up for a few hours and it was apparent to me that pictures might not have went very well due to her not feeling 100%. On Sunday, she drank maybe 4 oz of fluid all day. She refused to eat cereal or veggies and didn't want a bottle. I had to help her drink white grape juice in a sippy cup to keep her hydrated. And I went to the extreme of setting the timer on the stove for every 25 minutes because she just wasn't drinking.
On Monday, I took Alayna to the pediatrician to get checked out. She had a 101.4 temperature and a bad cough by then. The good news was that her lungs sounded clear and that was a huge relief due to what happened to her nearly one year ago (2 weeks with RSV in Iowa City). He put her on an antibiotic in case she had an ear infection. It is so difficult to see in her ears due to large amounts of wax and small, long, and narrow tubes. She weighed 21 lbs 4 oz, but that was with all clothes on. So, my guess is she is still hovering around 20 pounds which is smaller than my other 3 kids when they were 12 months old. It is known that our 1p36 kids are smaller, so it isn't surprising.
This little bug has thrown her schedule off track and we've been up each night or early morning. Last night she fell asleep by 7 pm (way too early) and was up by 4 am. Then she fell back asleep at 6:15 am and I had to wake her to put her in the van to go to the babysitter. Not the ideal schedule for a school teacher mom! My ideal schedule for her would be to stay awake until 10 pm or even 11 pm and sleep until 7 am! Is that too much to ask for????!!!!!
Shriner's Clinic
The Shriner's Clinic a few weeks back went very well. A doctor observed Alayna and asked me to explain her condition as it was unfamiliar territory to him. That too isn't surprising because of its recent diagnosis. They accepted Alayna into the program, took her picture for identification purposes, and said that they would be in touch soon. It didn't take any longer than 30 minutes. Hopefully they will be calling soon to discuss future needs for Alayna and how they could possibly help out. I look forward to hearing from them.
Special Prayer Request
One of our 1p36 family members, little Chloe, is fighting for her life at the Texas Children's Hospital. She became very sick suddenly on her first birthday and ended up in the intensive care unit. She has been through numerous procedures and medications and the family is measuring progress minute by minute. I am asking that everyone say a prayer for Chloe and her family. The power of prayer has no limits. Thank you.
Overwhelming Benefit
Family and friends continue to plan the Trivia Night, Dinner, & Silent Auction Benefit for Alayna. The response in all facets has been overwhelming and we can't begin to express our thanks to every one involved.




10 comments:
Those pictures are so cute!!! Sometimes the best pictures are the ones you take at home. Sorry she has been sick. Hopefully she will recover quickly. Tis the season for colds. Whitney has already had one too. Miss you guys.
These photos are too cute! Who needs Sears anyway? Alayna has such a sparkle in her eyes - it definitely reminds me of Brady at this age. I hope Alayna's cold gets better quickly!
Alayna looks beautiful in her dress from daddy! I still have that photography certificate here for you - you can call Quinn anytime as he knows that I have passed it on!
Talk to you soon.
The Hornbuckles
Alayna's sweet smile is a wonderful compliment to the sweet candy corn dress! That is the most awesome dress I've ever seen! Have you ever thought of becoming a photographer? I'm glad to hear your appointment with Shriners went well. It is so nice when you find an organization willing to offer help! I've been practicing up on my trivia!
Take care and see you soon!
Chrystal Weller
I love the candy corn dres!!! She is always so cute in all her pictures. I can't help but smile everytime I see her. Hope she is feeling better. Kylee also had her first cold of the season but am so happy she got over it on her. First time every. Oh ya...Kylee not so good with Sears either. She falls asleep as soon as they take her back (well pretend sleep). We do lots of home pictures.
Take care!!!
She is so adorable. I love that dress. Her smile light s up the whole page. I hate to hear she has been sick and hope she is feeling better soon.
Kim and Abbie
Love the Candy Corn Dress!!!
Alayna looks soooo pretty in it, I also love those curls, so cute!
We are still looking forward to the benefit. I am so excited for Alayna! I want her to have that stander, it will be so good for her.
I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe, we will pray for her.
Love you guys,
Michele G.
The pictures you took at home look just as great as portrais at Sears! You should just blow those up and frame them! They are adorable!
Heather
Angie,
You probably don't remember me, you were my cheerleading sponsor at Westmer High School 13 or 14 years ago when you were teaching there. Oh how the time flies!!!
What a beautiful family you have! I am sure that God chose the perfect family for Alayna. You always were a great cheerleader and from reading your blog you are putting those skills to use being Alayna's #1 cheerleader.
I hope that by the time of this post Alayna is feeling much better and maybe you have gotten a little sleep.
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you everyone for all your kind words and for continuing to read about Alayna. She has her own little fan club.
And Beth, yes I remember you! As a matter of fact I still have a group cheer photo of all you girls. Wow, it is so nice to hear that Alayna's blog is making it from coast to coast and spreading around. Awareness is part of her mission I'm sure :) Keep in touch and thanks for praying for her.
Post a Comment