
Hanging out at Douglas's t-ball party!

Playing with one of her many favorite toys.

Working with Tiffani, her
developmental therapist.

Tiffani liked how she was sitting and how she has begun to put her hand down on the ground. It's a step toward supporting her fall!


Crashed on the floor!


What a cute little face.

We love her smiles and giggles.

Alayna has been having a pretty good summer. And she has been a champ being toted from one ball game to the next! There have been a few rough days here and there. Sometimes her
temperament isn't what I wished it would be and it's a guessing game as to what is bothering her. Some days we get through good at home therapy, but other days she just doesn't want to give it much effort. And that is sometimes frustrating for me because I know that repetition is the key for her learning and her whining doesn't provide for a very productive session. She still doesn't have her #9 and #10 teeth in yet and I'm eagerly waiting their arrival. In a few more weeks she'll celebrate her 2 1/2 year birthday and that is hard to believe. I hope to take her to the swimming pool later this week to see how she reacts to it. Hopefully I'll remember my camera and post a few pictures (crossing my fingers that it doesn't rain). Her sitting has really improved and her
attentiveness to her
surroundings has increased. Her sleeping has also been pretty good lately. Only once in awhile will I hear her kicking in her crib or fussing. She'll finally grab her own pacifier and put it in her mouth as long as she can find it! I've tried to get Alayna to nap during the day in her crib, but she just won't do it. She either plays or whines. Her favorite spot is a place on the floor near the TV. I guess I'll do whatever works! At PT last week she stood with her
AFO's on with assistance for 15 minutes at a little table! It was cool to see her stand up straight and look around the bright, colorful room. She even initiated stepping forward and took a few steps with some guidance. It's wonderful progress that we love to see. That's all I really have for now! I'll post more later. Enjoy your summer.
6 comments:
Wow- look at that sitting! Alayna is getting so strong. Great news about the standing and stepping too. I can't wait to see how big she is at conference!
Love the pictures with your notes of progress. Your children are so beautiful. Continued prayer for all - strength for you and Alayna.
Love, Aunt Linda
Love the new pictures -- Alayna is sooo CUTE!!!! She has been healthy and making progress. Prayers are being answered.
Love, Grandma Diana
Alayna's sitting is awesome! 15 minutes of standing...what a great summer you are having. We cannot wait to see you all and your adorable little girl! Love, The Friedmans
Way to go Alayna! Great sitting time....you are getting stonger! Keep up the great work! All looks great Angie!! So glad to hear of Alayna's great progress. All the hard work is paying off.
Take care,
Meg, Bill, Alayna & Alexa
I can't believe how much Alayna is changing. She is so cute. Enjoy your summer! I wished I could helped you out, I have been thinking about it a lot. Take care!
Love, Mary.
Post a Comment