We finally ventured out to see Santa on Friday night. This is the first time Alayna has been "out" since being home from Iowa City.
Douglas was the most thrilled out of all of them. Alayna obviously could've cared less! She was more interested in her fist.
Trying to take a nice photo together for the Christmas cards. Dana and I were both stressing out and sweating. It didn't help much when the batteries died in the camera either! But we finally got a good one! And thank goodness for the spare batteries out of the TV remote control.
Again, Alayna interested in sucking on her fist!
"Da Boyz!" Drake is 7 1/2 and Douglas is 3 1/2. They are my handsome little guys.
"My little angels." Alexis is 9 1/2 and Alayna will be 11 months on December 29th. They are my gorgeous little girls.
We were home for an "ice day" out of school. Alayna got some extra therapy sessions and she fell asleep in the highchair.
Just modeling another cute little outfit.
"Mom threw me on my tummy because I need to learn to roll over!" We are working on it constantly. She needs to work on getting that leg up and leaning to the back. She still needs a bit of help, but it is improving slowly.
More tummy time on the boppy. Alayna needs to work on strengthening her neck. It is getting better too, but it is just a slow process. I think she is holding her neck up much better though.I apologize for not posting for awhile. I was actually spoiled in Iowa City with the fast speed Internet. We don't have that here at home. And I've been so busy with school, grading papers, getting caught up with the house and laundry, and just maintaining those daily schedules that we have! It can be very hard to find time during the week. Bedtime comes very quickly. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to that.
Alayna is doing very well. She is back to eating her normal 5 oz bottles about 4 times a day and having fruits and veggies for dinner. We are battling spitting up just a little every now and then. I've kind of been bad about giving her the Pepcid. I really didn't think she needed it, so I backed off of it like I did the Prevacid. I'll just have to watch her and start that medicine again if necessary.
Her sleep schedule is back to normal and that is great. We continue to work on her strength, rolling, sitting, grabbing objects, and holding the sides of her bottle. Smiling is another thing we've been working on again too. It seems like since she has started the phenobarbital that it has somewhat taken her smile away. She grins every now and then, but it's just not the same as before Iowa City. I've yet to get her to do her full giggle. It has temporarily broken our hearts, but I know that she'll get it again. Her responses to things are pretty serious and low key. Alayna is still very easy going and adapts to any situation without a problem.
Next Thursday, Alayna will be refitted for her helmet. Yes, she has to go in again to be recasted. It doesn't hurt her, it is just really messy. We are still waiting on the insurance company, but that doesn't matter. I admit I'm a bit disappointed that she didn't get the first helmet. I wish they would've contacted us and we would've said to go ahead and get it. I was under the assumption that it was being made while we were in the hospital. It isn't a choice based on whether or not the insurance company covers the cost. Alayna needs this helmet for her head and she is going to get it. Hopefully she will get it as soon as possible. I would love to see her wear it and get it off by summer.
This Christmas will be Alayna's first Christmas. It is hard to believe that it is just 10 days away. She gives us a special reason to be thankful. It has been a tough year, but one with more blessings than we could ever have dreamed of. I have lots more to say about this, but I think I'll save it for a post closer to Christmas Day. I'm just sitting here thinking of the thoughts I had at the same time last year. Anticipation for a new baby girl in our household was beyond words. Looking back, I never knew I would have been getting a little girl so special and precious.



9 comments:
Merry Christmas to you all! Your children are gorgeous and you are very blessed. Good luck this Thursday with the new fitting. May you all stay healthy in order to share an extra special holiday as a family!!
Chrystal Weller
Angie I am so happy to hear everything is going so well for Alayna and everyone else. Miss you.
Shanna
Ahhh Mrs. Dekeyrel! I finally found your blog after about 6 months of searching! Im glad to hear that Alayna is out of the hospital! I wish that I would have known you were in Iowa City. I would have met you to say hi, it is only about a 15 min walk from where I live! I hope she stays healthy for Christmas I remember about 10 years ago when Jordan came home on Christmas eve. It is such a blessing to have them home for a special holiday! I'll continue to pray for you guys! If you are ever in town again (which I pray that you are not) feel free to e-mail me (arika-bohnsack@uiowa.edu)!
Thanks for your well wishes everyone! Happy holidays to all of you. May you all have a memorable holiday time with your family and friends. I feel blessed to have all of you! Arika, you stinker! You should've just emailed me at RHS or called me and I would've gladly passed on the blogspot! I'm glad you found it though. I wish I would've thought about contacting you up there. I know you were probably busy, but boy I could've used some conversation. I'll try to email you soon. P.S. Now that you aren't my student anymore, you call me Angie!
Dear Dekeyrel Family,
We all wish you the merriest of Christmases with your beautiful family. The love and appreciation you have for one another warms my heart - if only everyone could experience this kind of unconditional love.
We pray for continued good health for your family so that you may enjoy all of your blessings this holiday season.
Love,
Michelle, Ryan, Connor, Kellen & ^Nate^
Hi DeKeyrel Family--
So glad to hear Alayna is doing well at home. The pictures are great and all of the kids are all so cute! May you all have a Merry Christmas with many blessings at home together as a family.
Love,
The Sutton Family
Megan, Bill, Alayna & Alexa
Gorgeous picture - but I always have thought they should be little videos. With our is it you stand, smile NOW, STOP that... click - and it is one big happy shot! I miss our Tuesday dinners - maybe sometime soon? You are always in our thoughts and prayers!
Tori
Angie & Dana,
Beata forwarded me this blog. PLease add me to your list mjbrady2002@yahoo.com. Your family is always in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you a wonderful holiday!!
Love,
Missi Brady (Norris)
Hi Angie and Dana,
Phil and I are so pleased to see Alayna's new helmet and the great photos! We think about you guys all the time! Let's get together soon!
Thinking of you!
Dana and Phil
Post a Comment